Purchasing Terms and Conditions:
Summerill Tube Corp. is an SAE AS9100 and ISO9001 registered company. As a supplier/subcontractor of a product processing or services, we would like you to be aware of the following supplier/subcontractor external requirements of our quality management system:
Procurement Specification for External Services, Product Processing Providers, and Tooling
- Scope – This specification covers purchased product and processing including:
- Calibration and Testing Services
- Machining and external processing operations (e.g. seam welding, finishing, honing, burnishing, cut & machine, tool coating, etc.)
- Specialized maintenance on key STC equipment
- Tooling (e.g. dies, mandrels, plugs)
- Calibration and testing services should preferably be accredited to a recognized standard.
- Machining and external processing operations and tooling should preferably be registered to a recognized quality system standard.
- Calibration, testing, certified test reports, certificates of analysis should indicate or provide direct access to the accreditation or registration certificate with the current date and issuing accreditation / registration / certification body identified.
- Calibration certificates should indicate traceability to national or international standards.
- Calibration or test reports should indicate on the certificate consideration and compliance all of the standards and/or specifications to which STC has requested on the STC purchase order, along with the requirements specified in ISO 17025 for calibration certificates.
- Tooling inspection reports as requested by STC should contain all appropriate dimensional inspection results.
- Deviations from the STC specification or purchase order requirements must be approved in writing (facsimile acceptable) by STC Purchasing Manager or STC Quality Manager prior to providing the product or completion of service to STC.
- Supplier Notification Requirements:
- Product or service suppliers to STC are responsible to notify STC by writing of any changes to their product, processes, suppliers and facilities that affect the product or services provided to STC.
- STC suppliers of product or service are required to flow down this requirement to any affected supplier subcontractor(s) or supplier(s). It is the responsibility of STC suppliers to assure supplier subcontractor/supplier changes are communicated to STC.
- Supplier Records Retention:
- STC suppliers are responsible to maintain records of product or services provided to STC for three (3) years minimum form the date of processing (20 years for nuclear suppliers).
- Right of Access:
- STC or its clients authorized representative shall be permitted access to the supplier or their sub-tier supplier’s facilities and records for the purpose of performing in-process inspections, final inspections, or other inspections and audit activities pertinent to the items ordered.
- Notice of such an audit, surveillance, or inspection will be communicated at least three (3) business days prior to arrival. Any such surveillance or inspection performed shall in no way relieve the supplier or the supplier’s subcontractor of any responsibility for product or service quality.